The MIS Athletic Department needs the help of the entire community to make the programme a success. Volunteers (students and parents) are needed for many of the tasks listed on this page; please let a coach or the Athletic Director know how you can be available to help. Help is especially needed at the beginning of the school year and during the SCIS and ISST tournaments when we will need host families for visiting athletes, greeters, scorekeepers, volunteers to staff the snack bar, etc. Students receive CAS hours for participating in and assisting with sports events.
This is only a sample list of ways to support MIS Athletics; please contact the Athletic Department to offer your help in any way!
• Housing visitors and assisting the Housing Coordinator (email@example.com)
• Acting as team parent (phone tree, providing drinks/snacks at games)
• T-shirt design / sales for SCIS or ISST events
• Staffing Sportverein fundraisers
• Greeting visiting teams as they arrive at Starnberg S-Bahn or Munich airport
• Staffing the Imbiss (snack bar)
• Volunteering in the Athletic Office during busy times
• Staffing ski races (gate keeping, timekeeping, chaperoning)
• Timing and judging during home Track & Field events
• Students can volunteer as team managers