MIS transportation offers more than 80 different routes with over 700 stops, covering approximately 80% of the areas in which MIS students reside.
Factors such as cost, time, distance and student enrolment are taken into consideration when determining annual bus routes. As a result, bus routes can vary from year to year.
We aim to establish pick up and drop off points that are as close as possible to students’ homes. However, in some cases the implementation of a new bus stop may exceed time and economic constraints and may, therefore, be deemed unfeasible. To avoid possible disappointment we recommend that parents discuss bus availability with the Transportation Office before establishing residence or when planning to move. Since routes are established and seats allocated in July / August in accordance with bus contracts received, seats may not be available from the new location later during the school year.
MIS also provides Late Activity Buses (LAB) as an extra service for students attending After School Activities (ASA) and the Athletics programmes.
Students who are not enrolled in these activities must obtain a Bus Pass from the ASA office, provided that adequate seating is available on the given bus. Bus passes must be requested by noon on the day of travel and can be picked up in the ASA office. The scheduled time of LAB departure from MIS is 18:05h.
We primarily serve our major MIS communities or communities without easy access to public transportation as well as a number of U-Bahn and S-Bahn stations to enable passengers to make their way home.
Depending on the numbers of passengers using the LABs, either coaches or minibuses serve the bus routes. Routing of buses may change from school year to school year depending on demand. Students need to register for the Late Activity Bus when enrolling for the corresponding activities.
Contact the Transportation Office by filling in the enquiry form:
- If my child is enrolled with the bus service, must they take the bus each day or can I bring them in on certain days as well?
- Must I inform the Transportation Office, or the driver, or the bus company in case my child is not using the school bus on a given day?
- Will the morning bus wait if my child is running late?
- What happens if I am running late for picking up my Junior School child from the return bus stop in the afternoon?
- Who walks my child to and from the bus?
- Do you have a bus that goes to my home address?
- What should I do if I move house?
- How much are the bus fees?
- Can my child walk home from the bus by itself?
- Will the driver tell my child when to get off?
- What should I do if my child misses the bus?
- Is there an adult on the bus?
- What happens if the bus is running late?
- What grade can my child go to and from the bus alone?
- What are the rules on the bus?
- Can my child use his laptop on the bus?
- Do the children wear seatbelts on the bus?
- If my child need to go to another place, either as a one-off or regularly (e.g. doctor’s appointment) can they take another bus?
- What happens if my child wants to bring a friend home or can my child travel on another child’s bus?
- Can I travel on the bus with my child?
- Can I cancel the bus contract if my child does not like the bus?
- Can I track my child on the bus?
- What is the deadline for bus passes?
- How many bus passes can my child have?
- Can I have a bus stop at a hotel?