Students in Grade 9, 10 and 11. What Parents & Students can Expect –Week 4 and Beyond
We know some families may be in challenging situations and circumstances. The plan articulated here is how we’d like to move forward by offering the best possible continuation of learning for student engagement and connection to MIS. Our primary goal remains the health and wellness of all members in our community.
What learning will look like
ItsLearning is the primary tool for communication with students. This is where assignments and assessments will be posted, and the expectations related to these.
- Lessons will include a variety of pre-recorded instructional videos, face to face conferences with the teacher and independent work.
- The Overview for each grade will provide direction each week on assignments or assessments.
- Feedback will be given no later than 7 days after submission with a written comment explaining the level achieved.
- For work not submitted, students and parents will be notified within two days via Schoolbase.
- Learning Support and EAL Students will have a meeting once a week with their class and teacher on Teams. Small group support for assignments will occur as needed.
Weekly ScheduleTeams Meetings (Videoconferencing) will be scheduled by the teacher and will be listed in the weekly Overview for each Grade. A Teams meeting will occur at least once a week and they are both for instruction and social interaction – both aspects are important. The sessions cannot replace regular onsite classes, but are to be used for instruction, accountability, feedback and questions. They will support students emotionally and socially in difficult times.
Teachers will use ItsLearning to post information about learning activities for students. Here, basic instructions will be given about what materials are needed, how long the lesson will take and if the work is an Assignment of Assessment (formative or summative). Teachers may also need to use email to contact students so it will need to be checked it at least once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Students can use ItsLearning or email to communicate with teachers.
|For queries about…||please contact:|
|courses, assignments, and resources||the relevant teacher|
|a technology-related problem or issue||DLI-ITHELP@mis-munich.de|
|a personal or social-emotional concern||Classes A and B: Ms. Ortwein
Classes C and D: Mr. Floor
Classes E and F: Ms. Schmidt
|other issues related to learning from home||DLI-Questions@mis-munich.de|